I made these Fondant cookies for my daughter’s birthday party at school. Although it took a long time to roll out the fondant and make the angry birds and hello kitty faces, the feedback is rewarding. For the marshmallow fondant recipe, please refer to my Fondant Cake with Strawberry Filling post.
Ingredients for Sugar Cookies:
2 ¼ cups
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add egg, beat until blended.
- Combine flour, cocoa, and salt, gradually add to butter mixture, beating just until blended, don’t over mix it.
- Divide dough into 2 equal portions. Cover and chill for 10 minutes or longer.
- Place 1 portion of dough on a lightly floured surface, and roll to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut with a 3 to 4 inch round cookie cutter. Place cookies on lightly greased baking sheets.
- Bake at 350°F for 12 to 15 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool cookies on wire racks. Decorate baked cookies after they are completely cool.
Vanilla Sugar Cookies: Skip unsweetened cocoa. Increase flour to 3 cups. Beat in 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract with butter in Step 1.
- Marshmallow fondant (scimowi.wordpress.com)