I cooked this dish with a Chinese wok and the wok flavor was so strong and made this dish so delicious. It’s a very easy and quick dish, it can be done in 30 minutes.
Adapted from Jamie Oliver
1 box (16 oz)
|Medium Tiger Shrimp (peeled and deveined)
Small bunch Fresh basil
Fresh red chili (optional)
Ripe cherry tomatoes
Extra virgin olive oil
Black pepper (freshly ground)
- Cook linguini in boiling salted water according to packet instructions. Reserve some of the pasta cooking water before draining the cooked pasta.
- Peel and minced the garlic. Deseed and finely slice the chili (if you don’t like your pasta spicy, omit the chili).
- Remove the basil leaves from the stalks and finely chop the basil stalks. Cut the cherry tomatoes in half. Set aside.
- Marinate scallops with a pinch of salt, place 1 tablespoon of butter to a small frying pan and pan fry the scallops until both sides are slightly brown.
- In a large frying pan, add 2 tablespoons of olive oil and then add garlic, chili, basil stalks and shrimp, cook over high heat. Fry and stir everything together for about two minutes.
- Add cherry tomatoes to the pan with a pinch of salt and pepper. Keep stirring.
- After about 3 minutes when the shrimp are pink and cooked through, return scallops and pasta to the frying pan. Toss everything together, and if the sauce is a bit thick, add a little of your reserved cooking water to thin it out slightly.
- Have a taste then season with a good pinch of salt and pepper.
- Sprinkle basil leaves on the top.
Note: Do not overcook the shrimp. The Linguini should be cooked to the al dente stage, do not cook it too soft.