I was asked to make these cookies for my son’s Easter party at school. It took me 5 hours to make 32 cookies but it was quite fun to decorate them. I chose to use fondant for decoration as the results are beautiful. Please refer to my Fondant Cake with Strawberry Filling post for the marshallow fondant recipe. Happy Easter!!
Ingredients for Sugar Cookies:
|1 cup (2 sticks)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla extract, beat until blended.
- Combine flour and salt, gradually add to butter mixture, beat until just blended, don’t over mix it.
- Divide dough into 2 equal portions. Cover and chill for 30 minutes or longer.
- Place 1 portion of dough on a lightly floured surface, and roll to 1/8-inch thickness. Cut with a cookie cutter (I did not have an easter egg cookie cutter, so I cut the dough with a round cookie cutter and shape cookies into an egg shape). Place cookies on a parchment-lined baking sheet.
- Freeze shaped cookies for 10 minutes before baking.
- Bake at 350°F for 20 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Cool cookies on wire racks.
- Roll out fondant and decorate your cookies after they are completely cool.
- Marshmallow fondant (scimowi.wordpress.com)