This is the perfect salad for summer and is one of my all time favorite salads, I never get tired of making it. This recipe is very simple, but peeling and grilling the zucchini ribbons could be time consuming if you make for a party. I just made it yesterday for dinner for 2 people, it only took me 20 minutes.
Ingredients: 2 servings
Spring mix (baby lettuce, baby spinach, Argula, Radiccho)
Roasted almonds (chopped)
Red wine vinegar / red rice vinegar
- Cut off the ends of the zucchini, then use a vegetable peeler to slice the zucchini into thin ribbons. Peel down four sides until you hit the seeds.
- Heat a cast iron pan (on stove top) or an outdoor grill over medium high, lightly coat with olive oil. Line zucchini ribbons on the grill pan and grill for about 30 seconds and turn. Make sure they cool completely before adding them to your salad.
- In a small bowl, whisk olive oil, balsamic vinegar, red rice vinegar, dried oregano, salt and pepper.
- Toss zucchini and spring mix with the dressing, sprinkle with roasted almonds and feta cheese. Serve immediately.
1. If you don’t have a grill, make sure to use a cast iron pan. It will enhance the flavor.
2. You can use the remaining parts of the zucchini for another dish.