These rainbow jello cubes are one of our family’s favorite treats. The process is pretty simple but it takes a couple of hours to assemble. I had tried using different jello flavors and thought the grape flavor was way too strong and would ruin the whole combination. So my suggestion is to stick with the basic flavors (strawberry, orange, lime, lemon or cherry). You will be surprised how fast these cubes will be gone especially when you have kids at a party.
1 3 oz. box strawberry Jello
1 3 oz. box lime Jello
1 3 oz. box orange Jello
1 3 oz. box lemon Jello
4 Envelopes unflavored gelatin
4 Cups water
2 Cups water
3 Envelopes unflavored gelatin
1 Can Condensed milk
- Dissolve 1 envelope of unflavored gelatin in a pot with 1 cup of water, bring to a boil and add one jello flavor. Let cool. Repeat this step for other 3 jello flavors.
- Mix and dissolve 3 envelopes of unflavored gelatin in another pot, bring to a boil and add condensed milk. Stir occasionally until mixture is boiling. Let cool.
- Place your Pyrex glass container (about 9″ x 13″) in the freezer, pour in first flavor of jello, let set until Jello is lightly set.
- Pour 2/3 cup filling over set Jello, let set about 5 minutes. Repeat layers with other flavors Jello and filling.
Note: Be sure jello and filling layers are cool before adding next layer. You can test it by touching the Jello with your finger tip, if nothing sticks, it’s ready for the next layer.
- Rainbow Broken Glass Jello (cupcakepedia.wordpress.com)