I adapted this recipe from That Low Carb Life. The spice blend is packed full of flavor and is good for chicken thighs and drumsticks. The meat turned out juicy with crispy skin. If you cannot eat spicy food, you can leave the peppers out, and the chicken will still be very flavorful.
|8 pounds||Chicken drumsticks|
|4 tsp||Smoked paprika|
|4 tsp||Garlic powder|
|4 tsp||Onion powder|
|2 tsp||Cracked pepper|
|1 tsp||Cayenne pepper|
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Line a baking pan with aluminum foil.
- Put all ingredients to a bowl and mix well. (Picture 1)
- Sprinkle the spice blend on each chicken drumstick. (Picture 2)
- Arrange chicken drumsticks on the baking sheet and drizzle a little cooking oil (grape seed oil) on top. (Picture 3)
- Put in the middle rack of the oven and bake for 35 minutes. *My chicken drumsticks are pretty small; add 10 minutes of cooking time if chicken drumsticks are big. (Picture 4)
- Do not turn chicken, this will allow the drumsticks to have a crispy skin on the top.
- Serve chicken drumsticks immediately.